Friday, August 19, 2011

TGIF

I can't believe the first week of school is over! Zeth actually made it through today without getting into trouble at school. He did have his moment at drop off. A bit hysterical with the tag with his lunch number-but he made it through the day! that deserves and whoo hoo! Alicia had a good week to, today there were no tears when we got home and she was in a good mood. I think it will take a few more days (maybe a week) to get into the routine and the need to get good sleep.
Don made it home!!! he said he actually learned something at this training on training. He found there is more to excel than he thought. I am happy that he finally found something that interested him at one of these trainings he goes to. This was not just a waste of time. He is home now and that is what matters. I missed him. I know the kids missed him too. Smokey always goes through withdrawal when he is not home, but she is better now.
Tomorrow is the watermelon festival. I am manning the Foster association booth in the morning so we can go back as a family and enjoy the festival. Don is excited to see all the cars. The kids are just excited, they have not been in a number of years (since Teresa was a baby). they went with their mom years ago.
I began filling out all the necessary paperwork for Zeth's testing and IEP. I don't remember having to send this much home to a parent before, but if it will help Zeth I will fill it out and hope it does more than just talking. The IEP preliminary meeting went well. I am glad that I invited Amber. She was very helpful with information that I would not know. I also found out somethings that are very helpful to know. Zeth is a totally different child from when he left Diane's house and went to Christy's. Amber is unsure but something did occur when they were with mom for those few months. Testing is going to occur beginning with hearing and vision. I am guesing he passd those because the paperwork came home today.
The watermelon festival is tomorrow. I am volunteering at the Foster Association booth in the morning. I hope that goes well and without any hiccups. :)

Alicia made a very big decision today. She decided not have a birthday party. she wants a music player/ipod. We discussed the options: a party or a player listing all that would happen with each choice. Party: skate, friends, cake ice cream etc Pick a gift: cake ice cream gift skating at zeth's party and able to skate at other times. She chose the gift. I am very happy she did. Thats because I was very afraid that no one would come to the party. I may send something in to school on Friday-cupcakes. I will ask Alicia and check with her teacher about lunch time or if snack would be better for the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment