Monday, August 15, 2011

Back to School

Today was a rather difficult day for me. Not the children. this is the first "real" school year that I am feeling the not teaching bug. Someone asked me how I was feeling. I was honest and said bittersweet. I am not teaching and I miss it; the kids were excited about going to school as well as very nervous. I found it very difficult for me when I see all the back to school teacher items and don't buy them. OK I don't need them except for my literal dreams.
Here are the first day of school photos:
Alicia is wearing the outfit of choice. She chose this herself (with some help) The skort is from the second hand place in RI, the shirt is from Ohio. She was very proud of her new hair cut and the outfit. She is still the smallest in her class, but she looks a bit older.
This is Zeth in his official back to school garb. He will be wearing these overalls for quit a while! They are so big on him! Doesn't he look over joyed? He needed the haircut to fix what his sister had done to him previously. He is an official kindergarten student.
Of course he gets in trouble on the first day. He was having a difficult time following directions and wanted to do what he wanted to do and not what the teacher asked. That is pure Zeth though!
I did get to clean out the dry goods pantry and reorganize the crackers, ect. Tomorrow I have to return my "new" cell phone and pick up the soda from Sam's. I am also going to purchase the jungle gym and have it delivered to our house. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment