Today was a long day. Alicia left school exhausted and dehydrated. She just looked like a hot message and was ready for a nap. She came home and had drink and felt better. Zeth did great today not being in school.
I dragged Zeth around all day. First to the YMCA, then Sam's, Walmart home and then to pick up Allie. He held it together all day! We then took Don to pick up his truck so he could head out to Nashville for a training on training. We got home, they ate dinner (nuggets) and watched Paul move the tree from the front of the house.
The kids are in bed-yeah!
Paul and i discussed some of the downfalls that we have with DHR. there are many especially holding information back from the perspective foster parents. that is a big one we are finding. It is not fair to the children not to give all the background possible so we can better work with them when they are in your care.
I had to open my mouth and be stupid==I told amber that Zeth's IEP for speech is tomorrow. I should have said nothing and let it go. But I had to step up and do the right thing. Which is keep DHR in the loop even though they are not giving us all the information but expect us to. I figure I will be his advocate and push for developmental testing especially when he is a two year old in a five year olds body.
we need to work on his maturity and allie's telling lies.
No comments:
Post a Comment