Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hurricane Season is Upon Us

Ok so hurricane season is not upon me or my family, but it is upon my friends and family in NY, VA, RI, MA and CT. Of course the hurricane was going to hit Florida, but of course those meteorologists and their ability to predict the weather....I figure that would have been the perfect job. Predict weather, while working for only 30 minutes in the morning and evening as well as a few bits during the day and if I am wrong, Ooops!
I do remember hurricane season. I do miss those predictable storms with the rain and wind. I miss the blizzards that come with the snow and wet and cold. I think I would rather have those instead of this intrepid heat and humidity.
Alicia had an interesting conversation with me in the car after her appointment with her counselor/therapist. She asked if she can call Don and I mom and dad. We had a serious conversation regarding the why. She wants to do this because she needs to feel that she has a mom and dad in her life since she never had a dad and her mom is gone for a long time. I told her we would talk to Don when we got home and discuss this with him. She was vehement about letting Zeth sit in the room while we had the conversation. She did not want him anywhere near her when she talked to us. We agreed with her that it would be OK. I did ask her if she had talked to Dr. L regarding these feelings. Alicia said that he did not have to know everything. I found that rather interesting. She does not talk to him about what is important to her or what is really going through her brain.
Yet again today, Zeth did not have a good day. HE has not earned a sticker yet. Tough time with following directions, staying on task and making good choices.
We began a new was to get through homework with Alicia. OK it is to make it easier for me. We set the timer for 30 minutes. She has 20 pennies in a container. If she finishes her homework in less than 30 minutes, she earns that many minutes in pennies; if she takes longer than 30 minutes, she has to pay us the minutes in pennies. So far she has earned 7 pennies. Lets see how long this can last and if it will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment