Of all the things for a professional to do. The guidance counselor at the shcool took it upon herself to ask Allie if she was happy where she was living. She over heard part of a conversation and took it literally and felt the need to speak with Allie.
While speaking with Allie at another moment in time, she was asked what she know s about sex. Yup asking an 8 year old about sex. Not just any 8 year old, one that has been in foster care for most of her life and has observed her mother's inappropriate behavior. Yup just ask away. Let me handle to fall out!! nightmares, night time accidents, talking and walking in our sleep. Oh yeah the joys of those who think they are helping. But it is never so!
I don't know if it is because I am on the other side of the fence now.I am no longer the hteacher, I am the parent. That is the hard part. As Don said the other day, they are like our kids and we treat them as such.
No comments:
Post a Comment