Saturday, September 10, 2011

Today is your birthday!

Today was Alicia's birthday. It was a long a trying day for Zeth. He just could not accept that he was not getting gifts or going to the mall. He spent the day with Don. They were to lunch and a car show. I have no idea what else, but Zeth needs "boy" time.
Allie and I went to the mall. That was an excursion. We shopped and shopped and shopped. Of course before going anywhere we had to put music on the new mp3 player. She was sooo excited to have that. She sang at the top of her lungs while walking around. she was happy with her gifts and loved her cake. I could have gotten away with baking one myself for the amount of cake that was eaten in our house today. We have left over cake int he freezer and set aside for school snacks.
She was able to pick out a few things she "couldn't" live without while wandering the mall. I did make some specific statements of NO. But we had a mild meltdown and moved on to another place. She also has a short term memory and forgets about things that she has purchased. There will be no more money spent until Christmas. she does not need anything. Neither does Zeth.

I picked out a sink at lowes. And of course it is discontinued. I had to find another one. I did and it cost the same amount as our stove! That was just scary. I hope to get a military discount on the stove. I received one on the sink. I will try when I purchase that. Grandma's money did a lot for us. We were able to do both cabinets and counters for the kitchen, new bathroom sink and vanity, various gallons of paint, a play set for the yard, a new PC for myself and picking up a few things here and there without worrying about money. It is now dwindling down to a few thousand dollars. Without it though, we still would not have a kitchen or play set.
I can't believe how much we have accomplished in a short time or with a little bit of money.
Carol is dropping off two children tomorrow for the week. They both go to school programs. The girl is 2 and her brother is 4. He goes to head start and she goes to little tigers. I have a few words to say to them, but it will wait until later in the week. Don't want to upset the apple cart before it is necessary. Zeth is sooo unprepared for Kindergarten and I put blame on the prek program and also on his foster situation. If he had a family that could see that struggling was happening and take a moment to work with him even 5 minutes a day, he would be better off in school. He does not recognize any letters, numbers, no 1:1 correspondence, no idea of color, letter sounds or basic understanding of following directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment