Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten Years

9-11-11 Ten years ago I remember what I was doing. I remember where I was. I remember the feeling of loss and urgency. I remember Do you? I was working at Child andd Family Services in Middletown RI at the time I was attending a meeting of supervisors and everything came to a halt when the news was broken at the meeting. Everything stopped. My cousin (Audrey) lost her husband when the first tower was hit. He was on the plane. They had just adopted a little boy. I remember having to tell my staff at the child care center. The emotions and terror they felt and the feelings I had to hold in while speaking to them so as not to scare the children in the classrooms.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfWa9gI-Bks&feature=player_embedded
This is a video of one of the memories. It speaks volumes.
The children came today. They came with a really short letter of interest from carol. I have no idea of allergies. No idea of routines and no idea that the little one is asthmatic and taking a decongestant. THis I did not know unitl I looked in her bag. She is also toilet training. That would have been nice to know!! Carol is done in this house I figured giving one more chance would be a nice thing to do. But never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment