Where has the week gone! Last night we attempted to go to First Friday in Florence. We found it was not worth going last night. Not all vendors/booths were set up. the kids were highly fidgety and hungry. Don was in a mood of grump. We ended up just going to dinner in MS and then heading home. By then it was pj, snack and bed time for the kids.
Zeth has a scored test on letter sounds and identification. He can give 6 sounds and ZERO letter IDs. That is lower than I thought. I figure lots of games, songs with sound and finding letters in books. He missed sooo much being moved so often and at a young age. When we read a book last night, I had him find some letters, he is pulling a fast one on his teacher. He can identify 3 letters without help and he has to start working on the letters in his name. This has to happen all before the winter break. Do I have my work cut out for me. I will find ways to make it fun. Even if it means biting my tongue lots of times and throwing Alicia out of the room and having separate time for each of them.
Alicia still has not brought home a spelling test. i am curious to see how she did with the extra studying we are doing. I know she is having a difficult time at a new school. I also know she is mothering her classmates. It is in the way she speaks to them. she is offering things to make them her friend. I can't believe next week is her birthday. She is going to be 8 years old and the majority of her life has been in foster care away from her mother and youngest sibling (sister).
Heading to Lowes' to make payment on the kitchen and get that begun. I have begun to pack up the kitchen. The desk is almost done jus tthings on the top of hte desk, the cabinets are almost empty. I have not taken out the cereal of the cabinet yet. That is going to wait until a few days before the kitchen arrives. I have to plan out my packing before I start to do it. I know if I put in in writing it will be easier when it is time to pack everything. It is harder because I am not moving things to a new home just putting them a way for a few weeks. that is the hard part of the whole packing thing.
* all baking/spices will be in the same box
*dishes *serving pieces *paper products
*cleaning supplies-easy to get to so cleaning can occur
*glassware *appliances
I know there are other things that are not on the list, but I will figure that out as i come across them. I make seem so easy, but it is not going to be very easy at all. I can get rid of a lot of things we don't use and update our spices and baking supplies. :)
Today is a baby shower for Christy's daughter in law. It is out in the boon docks-locals know where everything is. I am not a local and finding this church has taken almost as much time as it will to reach it. It is about an hour from here! Miles only about 30-gotta love county roads.
I need to get ready to go to lowes and meet with craig. We are stil waiting for the swing set installer to come to the house. I hope he has enough brains to call if he gets lost. I also hope he is here with in the next 45 minutes before I go to Lowes.
No comments:
Post a Comment