I can't believe it is a new year and the holidays are far over. OK yes I can believe it. I have been lax in my blogging abilities. Between Hanukkah, Christmas and new years getting three children a month ago and dealing with all the conflict with that.
I will back track. Last month we received a call regarding 3 sisters (13, 10,8) and Don said "they don't need car seats or diapers. we're good" So Kacie, Kayla and Kelsey joined us. To make it even better, Kelsey and Allie went to school together in first grade (classmates). I don't know if that was good thing or a bad thing....It turned out to be a trying thing.
We made it through the holidays-girls went home for the holiday and came back the 16th. It was difficult to get through that with the tears and the short time they spent. Allie and Zeth had issues with not seeing their mom-that was expected.
Now we are dealing with a non existent bus stop for Belgreen and issues with picking everyone up. The joys of two schools.
Last night I had to intercept a phone call from the girls' father. THAT was exciting. I have now been yelled at by a parent (yet again) and I was not in the classroom. That is history in the making. He was telling the youngest about what he was going to do at the meeting and how he was going to take everyone home. It was tough to take the phone and explain that she did not need to hear this, it was scaring her. He con't with she is my daughter and needs to know everything. I told him, yes it is your child, but she is only 8 and you are scaring her with information that she does not need to know.
Today he showed up 2 hours early for the ISP and accused me of not feeding the girls or getting necessary feminine articles for the oldest. He refused to listen to anything that the case worker was trying to explain. As well as refused to sign the form stating that he was there (His mother also refused) They wanted their lawyer there and were upset that no one called and invited him. It was not DHR responsibility to contact a lawyer. they need to do that themselves.
He refused to listen to anything that was said and did not want to be part of any plan to place his children back with him. "DHR is keeping my children from me" Now we are trying to put a plan in place so that he can see his children and talk to them on the phone nightly. He again refused to even listen to the thought of calling.
He and his mother left without accomplishing anything. After they left we (Case worker, social worker, supervisor and myself) discussed the outcome. On the ISP form, it will state that he is able to call nightly at 7:30 and have the phone number listed. That way he cannot say that he was not allowed contact with the girls. He kept pushing that the judge will send them home immediately when she sees him. My attitude is Yeah Right! The DHR team feels that he is going to get chewed up and spit out by the judge.
He is not willing to make a plan or anthing. We do have couseling for the girls, appointments have been made with Dr. Jim. He thinks I am nuts and wanted to know when I would be makeing an appointment for my self.
On the personal side of things...
parents are in Hawaii due back next week
thinking about another graduate program-money/job/classes
daily zethisms...
No comments:
Post a Comment