Thursday, December 1, 2011

December Oy Vay

It is December. Where has the time gone and why haven't I posted? I can't answer those questions without reflecting on what I have accomplished in the past few weeks...
We drove to Dawn Renee's for thanksgiving. I was expecting a quiet relaxing week....never expect. I cooked a turkey, a ham, mashed taters, green beans, sweet potatoes, a pie, stuffing gravy. I hope I did not miss anything. She had to work. I am not going to comment on the state of disrepair her house was in. Never mind that she had no place for all of us to sleep. We ended up in the motor home in her yard. At least we had a clean bed and bathroom.
The kitchen is done except for the little things to put in place. We also have to paint the yellow on the walls as well as put some more primer up before painting. No big deal just time consuming.
The kids are visiting with their mother tomorrow. THey are not aware of this trip. I am holding off telling them until Amber pulls up into the driveway if I can. It has been a tough week for them. Allie has been having more trouble with boundaries. They were both caught taking candy after bedtime without asking.
They went on their first field trip today. Zeth had his first official ride in a school bus. He told me: "It did not meet my expectations". He further explained there were no seat belts and the driver had one. He said he was not safe and everyone needs a belt.
Allie just lost it after school. I don't know if it is one of her ups and downs but she had a fit in the back seat telling me she always gets in trouble in the car. i told her she was not in trouble she just needs to understand you do not hide your head in the lap of anyone else (esp a boy).
We will continue our boundaries and appropriate touching conversations and explainations for quite a while.
Don and I both had birthdays. Don of course had the big 60. No one called to say happy birthday. it was depressing for him. I felt really bad but could not guilt his family (sisters) into calling. If is like the world revolves around only them.
I want to post pictures of the kitchen remodel--the beginning to the end. Before I do that I want to put them in some kind of order so the sequence makes sense and is not weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment